23 August 2011

I Found Kent Clark!


The first few weeks and months hanging out with my now husband, I remember like it was yesterday! We did the long distance relationship thing for a few months and I knew he was all I ever wanted and had potential to be the perfect match for me. Let me be blunt sweetie (don’t be mad, you know I love you lol)……but when I first saw him, he was at work. I was at work…..in my player days ya know…..he had his little Washington Nationals visor on (inside a building I may add O_o), braids look like slave braids covered in grease. All I saw was his face…..then people try to play me not thinking I would approach him myself…child please! I ain’t never scared! I walked over to this yellow chicken tender and asked him “could I get a large phone number”. This DC dude goina smile at me then say no, you give me your number…..no he didn’t just turn the tables on me!!! So obviously I gave him my number….not thinking he wasn’t going to call or that when he did call we would end up being together for the rest of our lives.

So after he called we hung out….I started braiding his hair because who ever was doing it before….Lord knows!!! Then the late night talks on the phone, the texting, and all the lovey-dovey stuff we still do now started to happen all the time. At first it was hard to date him because he was totally different. He didn’t like sports, I played basketball, he didn’t joke as much, that’s all I do, he wasn’t too family oriented, that’s all I got! We were from different areas so he thought ways that I didn’t think and vice versa. I still remember the day that I left DC to come to Delaware to start school…..it was one of the worse days of my life. To leave my love was sad, but we started thinking long term goals not short term. Either I would be back or he can come to Delaware to start all over with me! Well a few months later he rolled to Delaware and that is when this love and friendship began.

I feel that if you think something is worth keeping you better work hard for it. People make mistakes and have disagreements. Not once in our 5-6 year relationship have we kept something from one another….we tell it all no matter what and in some of those, resulted in arguments but hey we never held back. I am one of the most impatient people I know but I tell you one thing, the last 5 years was nothing but pure patience and I would not change one minor detail about how we got to this point. Yea we had arguments….crazy ones and small ones but that is what my hubby calls “understanding and growth” which I now agree with. We have come so far from that first argument that no argument that we have from this day forward will result in nothing but growth! I just want to tell all the ladies out there that think men should come in a package “husband ready” you need to put that crack pipe down. Just like men need work, we need it too; we just choose not to see it. I also want to thank my cousin Norman Bowlding who ya’ll may know as JB or @NJBDesignz on twitter for actually leading me to my love and not knowing it………..love, peace & chicken grease…..

No comments:

Post a Comment